Manage and lead sales life cycle through project implementation of solar solutions for residential and commercial customers. Manage and mentor team members through all aspects of business operations. Provide business development and key account prospecting. Support and lead teams as required on sales/construction projects. Ensure continuous focus on customer satisfaction, quality work and ongoing ethical reputation of the company. Gain thorough understanding of the overall market, Pure Power’s place in it, and participate in strategic vision and drive for the company’s future.
Operations Job Description
- Manage project pipeline and schedule to ensure adequate resources and appropriate timelines to meet our commitments.
- Coordinate and assist other departments such as permitting, procurement, scheduling and administration toward the successful completion of our construction schedule.
- Manage and mentor construction teams to build the most experienced, knowledgable, capable solar installation crews in Northern California.
- Manage QA/QC on the jobsite and in the warehouse/shop to ensure the highest quality work habits and outcomes.
- Support sales and sales engineering to ensure construction input in system design.
- Optimize project pipeline to deliver company resources at lowest possible costs with highest value to customer.
- As a member of the management team, support existing as well as implement new processes and approaches to improve operational efficiency, organizational effectiveness, and value to both customers and the company.
- Ensure construction employees have necessary technical resources, materials, and knowledge to meet or exceed customer/business requirements and demands.
- Minimal travel requirements.
Field-level solar energy experience required
Proven work experience managing/leading construction teams in the solar industry
Proven work experience managing/leading process improvements, logistics, project management, project development, preferably in the solar industry.
College degree helpful, preferably in engineering or other technical domain.
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels in a deadline-driven environment.
Excellent math, reasoning, judgment, and language skills (esp. business writing/correspondence)
Understanding of National Electric Code (NEC) or Ca Const. Code a huge plus.
Relevant industry certifications a plus but not required
Advanced Solar Installer
Advanced Solar Installer Job Description
- Must have personal tools, including: Multi Meter, electrical hand tools, linesman pliers, wire strippers, screw and nut drivers, allen wrenches, channel wrench, etc.
- Heavy experience in Off-Grid and battery based systems
- Deep knowledge of all Off-Grid components, including batteries
- Experience with Off-Grid troubleshooting
- Clean DMV record
Off-Grid Technician Job Description
- Must have personal, basic, electrical hand tools, including: linesman pliers, wire strippers, screw and nut drivers, allen wrenches, channel wrench, etc.
- Some solar installation experience preferred
- Solar industry exposure preferred
Solar Installer Job Description
Diverse experience in all aspects of solar installation
- Initiate and drive project implementation of solar installs for residential and commercial customers. Support construction crew, procurement, and office admin on sales from bid process to close-out. Establish strong customer relationships, quality work and ongoing ethical reputation of Pure Power.
Technical Sales Engineer Job Description
• Prospect, cultivate and engage residential and commercial customers in identifying viable cost-effective solar energy solutions.
• Follow up on newly assigned leads as soon as possible (ideally within 24 hours)
• Thoroughly complete site surveys, including photographs for each project
• Work closely with customers throughout the sales/design/implementation/post-implementation cycle.
• Design systems with customer’s well-being in mind, appropriately sized and aesthetically pleasing
• Coordinate concurrent construction teams, procurement, warehouse/supply, and other company representative activities to ensure smooth project implementations.
• Represent company’s well-earned professional reputation and exhibit professional and ethical behavior at all times.
• Provide presentations to potential clients; present information in a sincere, professional, respectful, “not canned” manner
• Conduct a thorough project hand-off to permitting, procurement, & construction
• You have a minimum of one year successfully closing solar project sales or designing solar PV systems.
• You understand electricity, how solar panels, inverters, and related equipment work.
• You have a solid grasp of the NEC and/or California electrical codes as they relate to solar.
• You have experience with standard solar industry software tools, such as Energy Toolbase and Aurora. CAD and/or Sketchup a plus.
• You use a consulting sales style. You have the breadth of knowledge to be a trusted advisor to potential and ongoing customers.
• You want to learn and grow with an ethical enterprise that cares about its customers and employees.
WE WILL GIVE YOU
• The tools, equipment resources, and direction you need to thrive at your job
• A healthy number of Leads and Opportunities
• Access to relevant information and education
• Excellent follow up from your team-mates
• Exposure to a full breadth of solar installations
Warehouse Support Technician
Warehouse Support Technician Job Description
• Correct number and specific trucks for the days’ deployment to be properly fueled and parked ready to deploy
• Truck tablets to be charged and available for crew in truck cab (seat)
• Trucks to be cleaned of debris and non-job required parts and materials prior to crew morning mobilization
• Job specific equipment and materials (solar panels, rails, inverters and batteries), as available, to be loaded in appropriate truck.
• Water jugs, on warm (>75 degree) days, to be in each truck with some ice, optional on cool or wet days
• Trucks to be checked for proper stock of small parts and hand tools per brief visual inspection or per request/part slip from crew
• Trucks to be visually checked for any new damage, low/worn tires on a daily basis; any damage to truck to be reported immediately.
• Trucks to be checked for oil and fluid levels on a weekly basis
• Oil change and other service intervals to be monitored with service log and required services to be requested for approval to perform, then, with approval, performed and noted in service log
• Shop to be kept neat and orderly as directed and approved by Construction Manager
• Stock materials and small parts to be noted when low and Parts Run/Order Item sheet(s) to be kept in a specific, approved location and given to Construction Manager on a regular basis, as needed, but not less than once a week.
• All job specific materials and freight received to be marked appropriately with Pure Power tag
• Any Returns to be marked appropriately and, if in the shop for more than 1 week, Shop Manager to notify Main Office to ensure equipment is returned expeditiously
• Coordinate with Office to be on site (warehouse) to receive orders and freight, marking appropriately as noted above, checking for damage, proper count and type of equipment per order/packing slip/bill of lading and place shipping paperwork in appropriate bin
• Deliver packing slips, receipts and other records to office staff daily.
• Maintain proper charge on forklift (not overcharging) and battery water fill (monthly).
FIELD OPERATIONS SUPPORT:
• As needed, be available for parts runs, deliveries to job sites, equipment pickup, recycling and debris (pallet) handling
• Ensure truck power tool batteries are sufficiently charged, are on the truck and ready for work
• Relay materials received, tool or part needs/questions or other relevant information to appropriate channel.